Monday, April 8, 2013

Animal Research Projects

This year I did an animal research project with my 2nd Grade students. 
I divided my students into groups and had them draw for animals to research. I provided my students with information from national geographic kids to learn more about their animals. Using a 2nd Grade friendly report layout, my students answered questions about their animals. 
Using their research, they drafted a report onto lined paper. 
I found nice animal templates and used them to add a fun flare to my bulletin board.  
My students published their animal reports on a "fill in the blank" report form.  Students were able to cut out their animal template and color them prior to adding glue to attach their report form to their animals. To show the connection to the Common Core standard, I type or neatly hand write the specific Common Core standard and what is says, so that viewers will understand what concept my students practiced.



No comments:

Post a Comment